Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:19:49 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        dkelly@hiwaay.net
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dual Log Stats - 1997/03/27

>David Greenman wrote:
>[about FreeBSD download statistics]
>>    I don't know if it's a record. I'm not sure it really matters, either,
>> since the high FreeBSD totals are due to the just re-released 2.2.1...and
>> this always happens when we do a release.
>
>Release or not, a record is a record. No doubt the wcarchive record was
>partially due to the FreeBSD release?

   Right.

>Maybe we can coordinate and get Quake III, Doom V, Slackware 4.0 and
>FreeBSD 3.0 all released the same week?  ;-)

   Many of the records that we set are due to simultaneous releases of
various things. Just FreeBSD 2.1.7.1 and 2.2.1 this time, plus higher levels
of traffic across all of the other archives.

>Maybe we can melt CRL's ATM line...

   (they have many, but...)

   I'm going to have to change the FTP login message pretty soon since CRL is
starting to upgrade to OC3 (which, incidently, is partially due to a certain
FTP colo customer :-)).

-DG

David Greenman