Date:      02 Sep 2003 08:55:23 -0400
From:      Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
To:        Sean Kelly <smkelly@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Addition to reboot(8): reboot / halt reasons

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 00:36, Sean Kelly wrote:
> Err.. Wouldn't it just be easier to use the `shutdown` command?
> I suggest you check `man 8 shutdown` out.

I'll concede and admit that I should have RTFM'd. But in the same vein,
if shutdown(8) provides the functionality of halt(8) and reboot(8), why
do they exist as separate programs? I'm probably missing something here,
but wouldn't it be easier to just combine shutdown and reboot / halt, as
reboot and halt already are?