Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 12:20:52 -0500
From:      Charles Reese <reese@chem.duke.edu>
To:        Zviad Sulaberidze <zvi@mmc.net.ge>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /ETC/VIRTUSERTABLE

It allows you to create aliases across domains, for instance I run a number
of majordomo mailing lists in a couple different domains and I want the
majordomo to read different .cf files depending on which domain the list is
in.  In the virtualusers table I have:

majordomo@lists.adeptscience.com        majordomo-adept
majordomo@ug.commlist.com        majordomo-commlist

then in the aliases file:

majordomo-adept: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo  -C
/usr/local/majordomo/adept/adept.cf"
majordomo-commlist: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo  -C
/usr/local/majordomo/commlist/commlist.cf"

this way all the subscirbers can send commands to 'majordomo' but two
differnt configurations of majordomo handle their commands.

Cheers
Charlie Reese

At 09:02 PM 3/11/99 +0400, you wrote:
>what does /etc/virtusertable do?
>

>Zvi

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message

One Unix to Rule them all, One Resolver to Find them,
One IP to Name them all, In the Zone that Binds them.