Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 2010 17:33:14 +0300
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to mass recompile broken packages?

30.07.2010 17:04, Unga wrote:
> Ok, the portupgrade process was not fully automated, I had to manually compile few.
>
> Two packages still get listed in the rebuild file, I removed them and recompiled, but still get listed. One of the packages is firefox, but the firefox works well. Therefore, I conclude my broken packages recompilation is satisfactory.

This is possible. You probably need to recheck your system one more time.

For example let's have 3 libs. Lib A needs Lib B and Lib B needs Lib C.
If Lib C vanishes and Lib A is not linked with it for the first run
everything would be fine. But if during the run Lib B gets upgraded and
old version vanishes Lib A gets broken.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.