Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:56:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sung Nae Cho <sucho2@quasar.phys.vt.edu>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Thank you FreeBSD!

	The last couple of days have been a moment of great disturbance
for me. I've posted comments that were mainly against the quality of the
FreeBSD distribution; added to it my personal preferences of what the
distribution should be and eventually where it should head toward in
future. This has stirred much tension in the FreeBSD community, boiling
to the point it finally snapped and eventual generation of topics that
were simply irrelevant to the forum. My original intent, of course,
wasn't to put down the quality of FreeBSD distribution for I'm one of the
die hard fan of it, but merely to bring forth what can be done about the
recent performance benchmark result done against Linux, Windows 2000 and
Solaris. But, who am I to bring forth such matter to the table? I'm just
a user benefiting from the hard work of the FreeBSD developers, all for
free! As one of the leading FreeBSD developers, Jordan Hubbard, put it,
the only stumbling block that I've stumbled upon was my own lack of good
communications skills. I could be trying to tell the world the secret
elixir of life and the world still wouldn't understand! I'm not a
computer programmer nor am I familiar with much of the pioneers in such
field of study. But, I've always admired the two of the well known
figures in the open source community, Jordan Hubbard and Linus Torvalds.
I haven't personally met Mr. Torvalds; at least not yet. However, I did
receive personal email responses from Mr. Hubbard during this ordeal.
Reading his comments, I've come to know that this indeed is a man of great
quality and respect. I love FreeBSD. I will continuously use it and even
support the project someday. Knowing that one of the developers is a man
of great quality and respect makes it even sweeter to look forward the
future releases of the distribution, FreeBSD.

Yours sincerely,
Sung N. Cho,
Friday, July 27, 2001.

Dept. of Physics,
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University.