Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:12:02 -0500
From:      Joe Auty <joe@netmusician.org>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: your advice on vinum, RAIDs

Some great advice here!

What RAID level would you recommend for simply maximizing the hard
disk space I have available? This is just my personal backup machine
and will consist of two drives, so I don't need kick ass performance,
and I don't need my files mirrored. I take it that striping is what I
need to look at? RAID-0? Can I setup striping without reformatting,
or only mirroring?

Sorry, still learning the basics here....