Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2005 05:26:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      manish jain <goodredhat@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail hangs at boot time

  Hi,

  I recently replaced sendmail with qmail on my freebsd 6.0 system, and now tried to revert to sendmail today. I enabled sendmail in rc.conf, made the mailer.conf entries point back to sendmail and deleted aliases.db. Now the system hangs at boot time with the message "creating aliases.db" from the script /etc/rc.d/sendmail. It apparantly hangs becauses the newaliases command does not return. Can anyone please tell me how I should get around this and correctly re-enable sendmail ?

  Thank you
  Manish Jain

Yahoo! Shopping