Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 01:28:12 +0100
From:      Chris Elsworth <chris@shagged.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   MD5 and DES hashes

Hi all,

Would anyone know why my system has just started created DES password
hashes instead of MD5 ones? Specifically in PHP and Perl, the call to
crypt() used to give me, as desired, MD5 hashes. But now it's started
giving me DES hashes. I recently supped and remade world etc,
mergemaster'ed - so I'm sure it's a recent commit - but does anyone know
what commit, and why was this done? Should it have happened?

Cheers for any light anyone can shed,

--
Chris Elsworth  -  Software & Systems Developer  /  Systems Administrator
girls = time x money (and time is money)         .       chrise@demon.net