Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:29:58 +0100
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@internationalschool.co.uk>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: An idea for promoting FreeBSD

Mark Ovens wrote:

> Personal Computer World, which had Red Hat Linux on it's CD about 6
> months ago, actually invites people to submit s/w for inclusion, the
> following appears in every issue -

Computer Shopper would be a better choice, the magazine is cheaper and
higher distribution and they've been mentioning it in the last few
months as well. "Hey it's that FreeBSD thing they've been going on
about, I wonder what it looks like?" etc.

A PPP setup script would be very necessary I think, preferably with a
dead simple "phone number, username, password" setup for CHAP...most
ISP's should cope with that these days, it's far easier to get chap
working than repeatedly explain how to install scripting on Win95 :-)