Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:13:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HTML editor

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Chip Wiegand wrote:

:I know how to copy/cut and paste within vi, but haven't figured out how
:to get text copied from my email program into vi. I am using sylpheed (a
:gtk+ app) for my email client. Someone else suggested having xclipboard
:handy, so I'll see about that. Unless you can tell me how to copy/paste
:from an X gui app into vi?
:

High-light the text in whatever application, middle click in vi, realize
that vi wasn't in append mode, undo the changes, put vi in append mode,
middle click again.  I sometimes have problems pasting from netscape, nut
other than that, it works fine.

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.