Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:28:14 +0800
From:      Jiawei Ye <leafy7382@gmail.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@highperformance.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The beastie boot menu.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:09:42 -0800, Jason C. Wells
<jcw@highperformance.net> wrote:
> It's just not important, not even to regular users.  The claim that FreeBSD
> is not suitable to regular users because the beastie menu is gone is silly.
>
> Later,
> Jason C. Wells
I am a regular user of FreeBSD since 2.2.8. "Usability" isn't a
on-or-off thing. I don't claim something to be "unusable" because one
single feature isn't present, but it's the notion of "more usable" or
"less usable" that counts. Putting up the beastie menu with or without
the beastie does make FreeBSD more usable in my case. What is wrong
for being not wanting to remember exact arcane loader commands when
one can just press '2' to boot without acpi?

Regards,

Jiawei Ye

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming