Date:      Sat, 21 May 2005 20:25:34 +0200
From:      Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>
To:        Alex Varju <alex@varju.ca>
Cc:        "'freebsd-java@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Eclipse 3.1M7

--=-gIIzfORPKQBVK2ymu13f

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 11:06 -0700, Alex Varju wrote:
> I've actually already submitted an update for the eclipse-devel port to=20
> 3.1m7, somebody just needs to grab it:
>=20
>    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D81076

Will test this right away, thanks!=20
/me feels slow :)

> I discussed adding FreeBSD as a supported platform with one of the=20
> Eclipse developers, but I'm not sure how feasible this is.  The problem=20
> is that somebody still has to maintain the config files within the=20
> Eclipse tree, which isn't going to happen unless a FreeBSD developer has=20
> commit priviledges.
>=20
> I agree that porting Eclipse is a huge challenge right now, I'm just not=20
> sure how it the overall amount of work for everybody involved can be=20
> reduced.

Perhaps we could arrange it like OO.o or bsd# or the BSD Java
thing...external patchset which is managed somehow centrally? I don't
know either actually, but I feel that following Eclipse becomes more
difficult with each code drop.=20

--
Andreas

--=-gIIzfORPKQBVK2ymu13f