Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 11:23:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers List <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DEC 21140-Ax problems resolved?

[ N.B. This ia an augmneted repost that drew ]
[ little response from freebsd-questions.    ]

Hi folks,

	I searched the mail archives and find no mention of the problem
with this chipset after mid-March.  Has the problem with the de0 driver
been resolved?

	I get the same problems I found in many of the posts.  The link
light is on for out 10Base-T hub, then it goes off after the kernel probes
and switches the device into 100Base-T mode.

	I have tried using the NetBSD driver as well as the -currrent
one.  In both cases the kernel won't compile.  In the -current case, I
think I may have missed a crucial file.  The NetBSD may just be to far
out of synch.

	FYI, I have an SMC 9332B.  I am running 2.2.1-RELEASE.

thanks,

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu                ---->>>>| Support your local programmer,
System Administrator                 --->>>| STOP Software Patent Abuses NOW!