Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:57:49 -0500
From:      Jerry <gesbbb@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java in FF3.6

--Sig_/7QOcy2=ArQro=A0/UxK82wK

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 14:30:28 -0600
Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us> articulated:

> According to /usr/ports/UPDATING the Java plugin does not work in
> FF3.6. Is this a Java issue, a FireFox issue or a FreeBSD issue? I
> just noticed this today as I was going through looking through it
> because of the thread about upgrading from perl5.8 to perl5.10 (the
> instructions in UPDATING don't seem to be working for me, but that's
> not a concern as I'm not looking to upgrade to 5.10, yet).
>=20
> I didn't know if this question belongs here or on the -ports mailing
> list, but I am not x-posting. I'll just start a discussion there
> depending on how I'm informed here.

Please check out this URL:

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/firefox_newplugin.xml

I believer that the FreeBSD version of Java is several versions behind
that. Therefore, it would appear to be a FreeBSD problem.

--=20
Jerry
gesbbb@yahoo.com

|::::=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
|::::=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
|=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
|=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

--Sig_/7QOcy2=ArQro=A0/UxK82wK

--Sig_/7QOcy2=ArQro=A0/UxK82wK--