Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:04:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kamran Karimi <karimi@cs.uregina.ca>
To:        rich@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: smp and clustering

>You might want to look at the Zounds DSM by Ron
>Minnich.  It hasn't been ported to a recent release as
>far as I know though.  There's also DIPC (distribured
>IPC) that supports distributed semaphores and shared
>memory, but I havne't seen a port of it either.

 DIPC makes all System V IPC mechanisms (shared memories, messages, and
semaphores) work transparently over a network. It is currently only
available for Linux, but I think it can be ported to FreeBSD. DIPC extends
a SMP programming interface to a multi-computer (clustered PCs). For
more information and downloading the package (includes the sources),
visit http://wallybox.cei.net/dipc

-Kamran Karimi