Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2008 00:34:29 +0100
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   LaCie Desktop Hard Drive panics the system

Hi,

When I boot a machine with the device in question (0x059f 0x1010) connected
and powered on, everything is fine, it's recognized, I can mount it and work
with it.

When I try to connect it to an already booted machine, however, I am getting
device recognized (there is an umass: message on console), then, after a
delay of around 10-20 seconds, the machine panics, like that:

http://www.tobez.org/scratch/lacie_freebsd.jpg

I've tried it on a CURRENT from the beginning of October and on CURRENT from
the end of December, with the same results.  The screenshot above is from
the more recent CURRENT.

I suspect that some quirks are in order, however, some more or less random
combinations that I tried did no good.

The question is, how do I debug it further from here, and how do I find a
solution?

Thank you in advance,
\Anton.
--
We're going for 'working' here. 'clean' is for people with skills...
-- Flemming Jacobsen