Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:27:56 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Gary Hartl <ghartl@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Running X without a videocard

> I am running FBSD-stable 6.0 on some Sun Netra X1's so it is sparc64.
> There is no video card on these puppies.  But I seem to recall that we ran
> solaris X using WinAXE or VNC or something like that

for fast network (LAN)

telnet/rlogin (better not ssh)

export DISPLAY=IP-of-your-display:0
then start X apps

make sure to allow on your local display connecting X program -
man xhost

for lower speed connection

ssh -C -X yournetra

then run X apps

for lowest speed connection run VNC.

if your local display run windoze you probably have only the last choice.

i don't know if they are working X11 servers for windows.