Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 11:00:06 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        Michael VanLoon <MichaelV@EDIFECS.COM>
Cc:        "'stable@freebsd.org'" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Supported hardware question

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 06:14:59PM -0700, Michael VanLoon wrote:
> Just a sanity check on supported hardware -- thanks for humoring me:
>
> Compaq 6400R server
> - 4 x PIII Xeon 550 2MB processors
> - 4GB RAM

I have a PL like that at work, with 4 CPUs and 2GB. Work fine with
FreeBSD.

> Compaq Smart Array 3200 RAID controller (saw this on the supported list)

The ida driver I think. I don't use it myself.

> Compaq NC3131 network adapter (I believe this is a dual NIC)

Probably a dual TI Thunderlan chip based card. Iff it is then the tl
driver works just great with it.

> Emulex LP7000 Fibre Channel Host Adapter (no idea on this one)

A DEC^WCPQ KGPSA as they call it. No FreeBSD driver available. Complaints
to Emulex for moaning about NDA for the programmers guides.