Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 12:24:07 -0300
From:      fazra@eln.gov.br (Flavio Azra Barrenechea)
To:        support@cdrom.com
Subject:   FreeBSD Installation

Dear Sirs
while undertaking a minimal installation from a DOS partition it tells me
that it has failed to load the ROOT distribution "Please correct this
problem and try again".

on VTY2 I see

stand/cp
stand/cksum
stand/chmod
stand/ee
stand/df
stand/cat
stand/ls

gunzip: stdio: invalid compressed data -- format violated

/stand/cpio: premature end of file
DEBUG: Dummy [default] close called for Wd0S1 with fd of 6

when I try again with the bin from disk 2 the only difference is that
instead of "format violated" I get "crc error"

could it be that the disks have a recording error ?

sincerely
Antony Stevens

ps please reply c/o fazra@eln.gov.br

   Centrais Eletricas do Norte do Brasil S/A
            Flavio Azra Barrenechea