Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 2010 22:06:12 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: popt-1.50 or better??

--------------enig23A3DDC65F5DDC28ED819123

On 24/07/2010 21:29:43, Gary Kline wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 12:21:12PM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>> Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> writes:
>>
>>> hey y'all,
>>>
>>> there is a program called libots [or ots] that acts to summarize text=

>>> that i'd like to port to freebsd.  i grabbed the src from scourceforg=
>>> days ago and found that i need a later version of popt than we have.
>>> we've got v 1.14 of popt and the configure script from libots says th=
at
>>> 1.5 is required.  i've stumbled around but haven't figured out where =
>>> grab the newer version.
>>
>> 1.14 is the latest version.  1.5 is considerably older.
>=20
>=20
> 	how can 1.50 be older than 1.14?

Ummm... you seem to be in some sort of timewarp there Gary...  The home
of the popt project appears to be http://freshmeat.net/projects/popt/,
and there the most recent version available is 1.14.  Now, 1.50 would by
rights be newer than 1.14, but trouble is, 1.50 doesn't exist yet.