Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:04:47 +0200
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ad-hoc connection between XP and FreeBSD

Hi

Did anyone suceed in setting up an ad-hoc wireless connection
between a FreeBSD and a WinXP station?

I use a soekris box with works perfectly for ad-hoc connections
with another FreeBSD box, but not with WinXP. The options one
can choose in XP look ok, you can select channel, network name,
adhoc or basestation mode and other less related stuff. I tried
all possible combinations that make sense, but no go.
When I activate the connection, a pop-up says connection was
established and signal strenght is at max, but then moving the
mouse over the network icon in the tray says no signal.
Pings do not work.

thanks for any help, t.