Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 1995 23:59:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      bah6f@server.cs.virginia.edu
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel modules

Ok, my inaugural message on the hackers list, and its a doosey.

As part of my masters research, I'm going to be working on multicast
routing and doing some neato things with regulating traffic on the
MBONE.  FreeBSD (besides being my OS of choice) is the ideal candidate
for the research because I've got sources and it runs the very latest
stuff reliably.

I'm doing CTM now, and I'm running -current.  No problem.  I noticed
that the ip_mrouter stuff seems to be a loadable kernel module.  I
can't get it to compile, however:
/sys/netinet/ip_mroute.c:2233: `ip_mrouter_cmd' undeclared (first use
this function)

Any ideas?  Perhaps this is in the process of becoming an lkm?

I noticed that recently /sys/netinet/ip_mroute.c was modified and
checked in, suggesting that someone on the core team might be working
in this file right now.  It looks like that's where I'll be working,
and I'd like to avoid stepping on toes.  Perhaps the person(s) working
in this area would be good enough to contact me so we don't clash?

That's it for now,
Paco
--
Brian "Paco" Hope              Research Assistant, Technical Support Staff
email: paco@virginia.edu                    Department of Computer Science