Date:      Tue, 01 Apr 2008 11:46:45 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        ticso@cicely.de, ticso@cicely12.cicely.de
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Porting FreeBSD to Atmel at91sam9263

In message: <20080331174613.GG15954@cicely12.cicely.de>
            Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
: On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 05:20:23PM +0200, K Staring wrote:
: > Hi,
: >
: > I'm trying to get FreeBSD to boot from an Atmel 9263 based board.
: > I suppose the porting process isn't that much trouble, as the Atmel 9261
: > seems to be supported. The bootloader used is u-boot.
:
: We don't support the 9261, we only support the RM9200.
: There are many differences to consider, for example the ethernet and
: MCI controller are different between the RM9200 and the SAM9.
: But also many clock related things need to be taken care of.
: So without setting the MCK correctly I assume your DBGU bps rate will
: be wrong.

The SAM9's also use a slightly newer core that needs support merged
from the p4 tree.  This is also a variation of stuff needed for the
orion port that's coming soon.  Stay tuned.

Warner