Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 00:06:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        "Todd \"Taco\" Hansen" <taco@mad.scientist.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fnord0: disabled, not probed.

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, Todd "Taco" Hansen wrote:

> device was detected. If it says disabled, not probed, then you know
> quick and easy what is up. The whole reason for showing all of the boot

If it _doesn't_ say "detected, configured as blah_blah" you know
quick and easy what is up.

It it doesn't say "disabled, not probed", that could just as
easily mean "not compiled into the kernel" as "detected and
working correctly".

> useful. If windows 95 freezes up on boot, you don't always know exactly
> where it froze. As with FreeBSd you can usually tell what device it was
> working on (if you know the boot order). I don't know, I find it a great

FreeBSD is never going to freeze on a "disabled, not probed"
device unless things are really really screwed up.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk