Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:30:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Good wireless card for -current?

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Doug Barton wrote:

> I need a recommendation for a good wireless card for -current. Fast is
> good, cheap is good (but I don't mind paying a little more for fast). I'd
> like something that'll do promiscuous mode, and more hardware crypto is
> better. Of course, known to work well with -current is a "need to have."

Ok, based on local availability, and recommendations from various folks,
I've narrowed it down to aironet 350, and netgear MA401NA. Any commentary
on those two cards is welcome. I'm particularly interested in hearing
about the netgear card, since wi(4) lists the MA401 model, but not the NA.

The web page I use locally (south San Francicso Bay area) is here:
http://www.centralcomputer.com/PriceList/Hardware/Networking.htm
If anyone sees a really good value on that page that I should consider
instead, I'm all ears.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I will of course report back my
findings.

Doug