Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 15:53:28 +0100
From:      johan.granlund@solid.se
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spontaneous reboots

I dont have any problems with my 3.0-Stable except that i cant se any big
boost when going from single cpu to smp. That has probably to do with the
neptune chipset and shared L2 cache :(

My machine is a Intel Altserver:
Copyright (c) 1992-1999 FreeBSD Inc.
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
        The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
FreeBSD 3.0-STABLE #4: Wed Feb  3 10:18:20 CET 1999
    root@daemon.solid.se:/usr/src/sys/compile/DAEMON
Timecounter "i8254"  frequency 1193182 Hz
CPU: Pentium/P54C (586-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x525  Stepping=5
  Features=0x3bf<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,MCE,CX8,APIC>
real memory  = 83886080 (81920K bytes)
avail memory = 78962688 (77112K bytes)
Programming 16 pins in IOAPIC #0
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor motherboard
 cpu0 (BSP): apic id:  0, version: 0x00030010, at 0xfee00000
 cpu1 (AP):  apic id:  1, version: 0x00030010, at 0xfee00000
 io0 (APIC): apic id: 14, version: 0x000f0011, at 0xfec00000
Preloaded elf kernel "kernel" at 0xf025d000.
eisa0: <INT31a0 (System Board)>
Probing for devices on the EISA bus
Probing for devices on PCI bus 0:
chip0: <Intel 82434NX (Neptune) PCI cache memory controller> rev 0x11 on
pci0.0.
0
chip1: <Intel 82375EB PCI-EISA bridge> rev 0x04 on pci0.2.0

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com> on 99-02-09 15:28:31