Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 23:59:21 -0500
From:      Loren Thiel <thiel@genevaonline.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   KDE

Newbie here
I've just rescenly installed 2.2.6 and XFree86 3.3.2.
I'm not sure what a "Windows manager" is...(being a Win95 user)
but I guess its something important that you need.
I learned that KDE is the best window manager out there...and after looking
through their webpage i saw that beta4 is available...however when I try to
install it from the ports collection that came with FreeBSD, it installed
beta3.1 or something.  It downloaded everything from the first site it
tried...then began compiling, or installing, and then crashed...
I heard that downloading beta 3.1 from kde's site is a bad thing (something
i read from freebsd-questions)
So...my question is... how do I get freebsd to install beta 4?
Do I have to download it myself in a dos partition...
then how do i install it.
will it harm anything that beta3 is half installed?

Ok..another question...is it possible to change your partition sizes?
I want to allocate more space to /usr...and take it away from /var.
Can you do that?
how bout joining another slice from another drive to /usr ?
thanks
Loren