Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:52:15 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
To:        Steven Honson <shonson@planetquake.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.3-R: passwd dependencies

Hi,

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Steven Honson wrote:

> Ive just got a CD off a friend that was burnt off the ISO, how can i tell
> if i have a faulty(passwd broken) version without installing it.
> -Steven

 Just mount the CD, extract "passwd" from the bin distributib with smth.
like this:

 $ cd /tmp
 $ cat /cdrom/bin/bin.?? | tar xvfz - usr/bin/passwd

 Then check the liraries it's been linked with:

 $ ldd usr/bin/passwd

 and if you get libkrb inside the output then you're affected.

 Hope it helps,
 Ady (@freebsd.ady.ro)