Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:12:24 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Martti Kuparinen <martti@research.zopps.fi>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding a new disk to vinum

Hi!

I'm building a server based on FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE and I thought
I'd use vinum for /var/spool/imap (for Cyrus IMAP server) to
create a large filesystem (say 3x9 GB as a single fs -- i.e. to
use concat).

But what if I have to add a new disk, must I run newfs for
the whole vinum thing (=backup the old stuff first) or can I
just expand the existing configuration to include also the new disk?

What other alternatives do I have (besides HW solutions)?

Martti