Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 1996 15:49:04 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de (Christoph P. Kukulies)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: smbprint (samba -> NT3.51)

> Anyone gotten printing to NT printers via samba/smbprint working?
> I had just to make the bitter experience that people on our network
> were able doing this from linux while I failed doing it from FreeBSD
> (and I' m fighting for a couple of days now with password/authentication
> problems).

I believe you *must* go to NT password based authentication.

There's code for passing the NT-algorithm encrypted password
over the wire.  We had to enable it for the NT clients to be
able to use the Samba shares (the principle is the same, though,
going from BSD to the NT server).

Are you running the right protocol level?  I don't think it
uses the right one in BSD, by default (ie: it's right for Win95,
but not for NT).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---