Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:30:40 +0200
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, n0go013 <ttz@blahdeblah.demon.co.uk>, current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [ GEOM tests ] disklabel warnings and vinum drives lost

* Peter Wemm (peter@wemm.org) wrote:

> vinum is so much unbelievable stuff in it.  Consider this stuff:
>
> sys/dev/vinum/vinumio.c:

[Biiiiig ugly if/else fallthrough snipped]

Ick... Which sick person wrote that? switch() and cpp macros usually do
wonders in cases like these in terms of readability/maintainability at
least.

> It goes *way* downhill from there. :-(

And I stay away from vinum just a little longer after having seen and
verified this...

[snip]

> This crud has *got* to be taken out and shot, then reworked to do it
> properly.

Amen! (and no, I'm not volunteering. I don't mind cleaning up code, but there
are limits to what crud I touch)

Cheers,
Emiel
--
When the English language gets in my way, I walk over it.
		-- Billy Sunday