Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 17:32:44 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Cedric Valignat <cedric@caput.com>, FreeBSD Stable Users <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Kernel won't build in -stable

To reinstate some context:

On Wed, 20 May 1998 at 15:06:11 +0200, Cedric Valignat wrote:

> Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com> wrote:
>> Rebuild config, reconfig your kernel, and start reading this list so
>> you don't ask a question that already been answered. 8-)

Sorry, I should have expanded on "freshly cvsupped".  In fact, this
was completely new installation.  I installed 2.2.6 from scratch,
built up a completely new repository, extracted RELENG_2_2_STABLE, and
did a "make world".  Only then did I try to build the kernel.  I
checked, and the new config version had been installed.  I rebuilt
config anyway and tried again, and the second time it worked.
Comparing the config versions (ident) showed them to be the same.
What's going on here?

Greg