Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 06:33:42 -0800
From:      "Kenton A. Hoover" <shibumi@cisco.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Advocacy" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: this ran through my head yesterday...

To paraphrase: "No one ever got fired for buying Microsoft."

At a Fortune 500 technology company that shall remain nameless, an evaluation
was done to decide on whether Microsoft Exchange should become the standard
MTA/MHA for the company.  They actually hired Microsoft to do the evaluation
for them.  Thats exactly like how people used to use IBM's services.  I'd like
to be able to say that those were the bad ol' days, but apparently it isn't.

On Thu, 07 Jan 1999 08:46:48 CST, Sendmail channeled "Ray Seals" saying:
> A guy that I work with/for at my current consulting gig is a Microsoft
> zealot.  I've known him for a long time and I consider him a friend.  He
> likes to run up to me and tell me all the cool things that are coming out
> for NT.  I can reply about 90% of the time "Oh yeah, BSD has had that for a
> while....and it's free".  I started thinking about the Microsoft
> Management/Admin mind set.  It's basically that there is nothing out there
> any better than MS products.  So here is just a little thought to maybe
> spark some creative juices...
>
> Kind of a slogan thing
>
> FreeBSD
>  - Free Your Mind

| Kenton A. Hoover                  Network Team Manager | shibumi@cisco.com |
| Engineering Computer Services                          |                   |
| Cisco Systems, Inc.                                    |   +1.408.526.5249 |
|        You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.           |
|              -- William Boetcker (often attributed to Abraham Lincoln)     |