Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 19:57:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Eric J. Chet" <ejc@gargoyle.bazzle.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Heads-up! gcc-2.7.2 on the way!

Hello
	This is great, thank you very much.  I have been using
elf-gcc-2.7.2 (thanks John Polstra) for the last few months, doing lots
of C++ work without any problems.  I have been using STL with this version
of the compiler without many problems.  The main advantage to gcc-2.7.2
is the C++ support, it has been greatly enhanced.

I do have one request though, please use Cygnus's template repository
patches to gcc-2.7.2.  This code is only used if the -frepo switch is on.
Basically it's smart template instantiation code.

You can get the code from: ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/g++/gcc-2.7.2-repo.gz

Peter I will email you a copy of the patches, they are not that large.

Peace,

Eric J. Chet - ejc@bazzle.com - Powered by FreeBSD      | Live Free or Die
Lucent Technologies, Bell Labs Innovations              |      UNIX
Columbus, Ohio 43213  RM 1E222 ejc@nasvr1.cb.lucent.com |   Bell Labs