Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 21:34:25 +0000 (/etc/localtime)
From:      Fredrik Olausson <fredrik@speechcraft.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        jmallett@xMach.org, dscheidt@tumbolia.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The desktop apathy

On Sun, 27 May 2001, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> Again, Apple is trying to fight a much bigger battle.  I think you
> should spend some time getting better acquainted with Apple's rather
> unique user base and mindset.

I guess so... I'm a Windows programmer by profession (hears chants of
"Burn the heretic!" ;)

> The programming
> frameworks provided by Apple also make anything GTK and QT provide
> look like tinkertoys by comparison.  Just spend about an hour with
> their AppBuilder stuff sometime and see how you can connect stuff
> graphically to ObjectiveC classes.  Very powerful.

Speaking of which, If I buy a copy of MacOS X, will I get development
tools and such along with it, or do I have to buy a third-party
product? I've been meaning to get me one of those G4's and MacOS X to test
it, but where can I get the programming tools for it?

-Fredrik