Date:      Sun, 03 Jul 2005 12:02:28 +0900 (JST)
From:      NAKATA Maho <chat95@mac.com>
To:        kris@obsecurity.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: native openoffice 1.1.3 package?

In Message-ID: <20041103212237.GA10524@xor.obsecurity.org>
Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 12:09:49AM +0300, Toxa wrote:
> > On ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-current/All/
> > we have *-openoffice-1.1.3.tbz for many languages, but what about native
> > openoffice package build? Moreover, there's no ru-openoffice-1.1.3.tbz here.
> > I'm just wondering about it because OpenOffice-1.1.3 doesn't compiles
> > neither on current nor on 5_stable
>
> The openoffice builds are problematic because they take so long, and
> they often time out on the package build cluster (i.e. when multiple
> OO builds end up being scheduled on the same machine).  Fixing this
> properly will require some nontrivial work.

I removed all localized ports to reduce such kind of problems.

Toxa : still you can build with
make LOCALIZED_LANG=ru
for russian.

i post an e-mail message but I've never recieved a message like
`please keep my language'. so I decided I'll never add a localized port.
(if you like a mess you can add by raising PR)

see my HEADS-UP
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=25587+0+archive/2005/freebsd-openoffice/20050529.freebsd-openoffice

see /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-1.1-devel/files/Makefile.localized
for what languages are available.

-- NAKATA, Maho (maho@FreeBSD.org)