Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2012 06:57:25 +1000
From:      John Marshall <john.marshall@riverwillow.com.au>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   No Australian Subversion Repository Mirror [was: Australian Subversion Repository Mirror]

--R3G7APHDIzY6R/pk

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, 10:28 +1000, John Marshall wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2012, 22:17 +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> > no mirrors under *.freebsd.org not fully controlled by the project,
> > seems to be a pretty good summary.
>=20
> If it helps, we'll pull the svn.au.FreeBSD.org domain name *now* before
> more people start using it.

Given that the obvious intent of Bjoern's unofficial hint was to prevent
the setting up of any more svn.<cc> mirrors, we have decided to go ahead
and withdraw the svn.au domain name now, rather than waiting to be told,
so that its withdwaral disrupts as few users as possible.

So, svn.au.FreeBSD.org is gone.  The closest official mirror for users
in the Australian region is the one on the USA West Coast, an additional
~200ms away.

  svn://svn0.us-west.FreeBSD.org

--=20
John Marshall