Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:49:05 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>, doc@FreeBSD.org, Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Translators: Need feedback on FAQ reorganization

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 08:49:46PM -0600, Chris Costello wrote:
> On Monday, March 12, 2001, John Baldwin wrote:
> > Sounds good.  Are you going to use per-chapter directories or no?
>=20
>    I'm guessing "no" at this point, unless anybody else has any
> input on that part.  As it is now, there aren't any images in the
> FAQ, and I don't really see a need for them myself.  Just waiting
> for a while to make sure there are no other
> suggestions/objections, though, from anybody else.

Although we can't do it yet (because the infrastructure hasn't been
committed) we should support (in the case of the handbook)

    cd chapter-name
    make index.html

or similar, to allow authors to build a specific chapter.

This is particularly important for the Handbook, because it takes an age
to build.  If we do this infrastructure once for the Handbook, it should
be trivial to do it for the FAQ.  If we keep the FAQ without
subdirectories then it's a bit more difficult.

I'll leave it up to you as to whether or not that's a compelling
argument one way or another.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt

--c3bfwLpm8qysLVxt--