Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 2000 23:54:22 -0500
From:      Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gravis Ultrasound PnP

> I have an AOpen (Crystal Semiconductor based) ISA card that I've been
> meaning to climb under the desk and install. To replace a Yamaha 714 or
> 724 piece of junk that I unplugged the speakers from long time ago.
>
> My junk Yamaha makes more noise thru the speakers than several hard
> drives and fans combinded.
>
> Bought the AOpen AW35 or AW37 (I forget as it seems like it has the
> CSxx37 or CSxx35 part number, switched from the AW number) as oldpcm
> said it was supported and the CS web site had very attractive
> documentation.

My ISA card (the one that was giving me problems) is an AW35/AW37. The Yamaha seems very quiet. I just cranked the speakers up as load as they'd go & got no noise.

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California