Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:08:19 -0400
From:      "Alan B. Clegg" <alan-dated-1063634900.4be0a5@clegg.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   WindRiver terminates BSD/OS product

--Y/WcH0a6A93yCHGr

--SNIP--
Subject: BSD/OS ISE Product Notification
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 07:14:10 -0400
From: bsdos@windriver.com
To: bsdos@windriver.com

Dear BSD/OS Customer --

Thank you for your purchase and continued support of Wind River's BSD/OS
INTERNET SERVER EDITION (ISE).  We hope that our products  have met your
needs and we appreciate your business.

This letter is your official notification that we are initiating the
retirement phase for all of our BSD/OS-based products, including BSD/OS
ISE. The difficult economic situation of the past few years, as well as
other market factors, have forced us to re-evaluate our products and
realign our product offerings to meet the long term needs of our customers.
This was a very difficult decision, one which we did not make lightly.

We will be releasing one final version of BSD/OS, as BSD/OS 5.1 ISE.
This version will be available in October 2003, and will be available
as an upgrade for BSD/OS 5.0 ISE customers with current maintenance.

We recognize that you may still require support for your existing
projects.  Phone and e-mail support, as well as bug fixes and patches,
will be available from Wind River for certain versions through 31 December
2004. Contact your sales representative to make special arrangements
for support after 31 December 2004.

For more detailed information, please refer to the enclosed BSD/OS ISE
Retirement Summary.

If you have additional questions, please contact your local sales
representative.  If you are in the United States, please call
+1 800 545 WIND.

Again, we thank you for your continued support of BSD/OS over the years.

Sincerely,
Wind River
--SNIP--

--=20
"Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you ask me what | a=
lan
proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment   |  =
at
of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a  | c=
legg
punishment like me upon you."           -- Genghis Kahn, Bukhara 1220   | .=
com

--Y/WcH0a6A93yCHGr

--Y/WcH0a6A93yCHGr--