Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:26:00 -0500
From:      Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The Best Laptop

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 06:15:38PM -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> I have had little problem with buggy BIOS with APM, but I did need
> to upgrade to get ACPI to work properly on my T30. It's been fine for
> over a year, now and the biggest issue turned out to be and error in the
> ACPI code in FreeBSD which was also fixed LONG ago.

The impression I had gotten from various messages to this list had
been that there still were problems with ACPI on ThinkPads, especially
with freezes on suspend/resume. Did you do anything special to avoid
such problems, or are you just lucky, or what? I'm about to install
onto a T41p and was going to skip ACPI and stick with APM, because I
don't want the hassle, but if ACPI works, great.

Jesse Sheidlower