Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 08:33:32 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Letter to DOJ: Microsoft vs. the Software Industry

The time to act is NOW!!! I just register my complain with
the California State Attorney and the DOJ.

Since this is not a formal vote and it is a global concerned ,
all are invited to file a complain.

You are not restricted to file a complain with the California State Attorney
in my case it just happen to be where I live.In fact, since it is not
known which State Attorney is going to file an Anti-Trust Law suit
against Microsoft it is a good idea to file your complain with your
local State Attorney .

If you disagree with the wording of the complain feel free to
modify the complain or write your own. The important aspect
is to get involved and do register an opinion. All we are
asking is that if the Anti-Trust Laws are applicable to be
enforced in the case of the business practices of Microsoft.

California state attorney's web page which I easily found thru Yahoo:

http://caag.state.ca.us/

DOJ's Anti Trust Division contact web page:

http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/index.html

Your Honor,

The purpose of this letter is to ask you to block Microsoft's Win98
release until it is clear that its monopolistic practice ceases.

I believe that one of the tightest strong-holds that Microsoft has on
the PC industry is that Windows is bundled with virtually
every PC now sold. This serves as a way to block any other competing
operating system and sets the stage for application dominance by
Microsoft.

Enclosed is Ralph Nader's letter which was submitted to major
PC manufacturers. Naturally, there was no response from the PC
manufacturers. Clearly, PC manufacturers need to have reassurance
that if they start distributing alternative operating systems
no retribution from Microsoft will be forthcoming.

To not act in this matter will clearly stiffle the creative process
in the software industry.

	Sincereley Yours,
	<your signature>

Exhibit A
This is a web pointer to a letter sent to Compaq, Dell, Gateway 2000,
Hewlett-Packard, Micron, and Packard Bell-NEC.
http://www.essential.org/antitrust/ms/compaq.html

Exhibit B

For further information on Microsoft's Monopolistic behavior see:
http://www.essential.org/antitrust/microsoft/microsoft.html