Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:08:56 +0200
From:      "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@Vitsch.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Stuart Walsh <stu@ipng.org.uk>
Subject:   Release (beta) driver for Atmel USB Wireless LAN adapters

--------------Boundary-00=_WMJLFOR3G4NMD1FE25GZ

Hi,

After about a month of spare time work I have finally come to a point of=20
releasing some software. I have written a driver for the Atmel AT76c503=20
Wireless LAN adapters. At this moment the driver is capable of sending /=20
receiving in Ad Hoc mode only. If you happen to own one of these adapters=
,=20
please give the driver a try and let me know what you think of it.
(This is my first real kernel driver, so please kick it gently :)

You can find the driver here :
Driver home page :
http://www.vitsch.net/bsd/atuwi/
Release 0.1 file overview :
http://www.vitsch.net/bsd/atuwi/0.1/
Or grab the tarball imediately :
http://www.vitsch.net/bsd/atuwi/0.1/atuwi-0.1.tar.gz

At this moment I have a problem with the driver. After uploading the firm=
ware=20
to the device, the device needs to be resetted. I have the reset-code=20
working, but after the reset the device changes it's descriptors and some=
=20
kernel buffers/pointers have to be updated with the device. I don't know=20
enough about the usb kernel internals to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
That's why I have attached the reset code to this email. If someone could=
 tell=20
me what I'm doing wrong I would be very thankfull.

grtz,
Daan
--------------Boundary-00=_WMJLFOR3G4NMD1FE25GZ--