Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2013 05:24:33 -0500
From:      ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-office@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SOLVED - ports/176269: editors/libreoffice 3.6.5_2 does not start on i386

On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 17:40:03 Robert Burmeister wrote:
> I have been recompiling my system, and have discerned the following results:
>
> I was using
> WITH_SYSTEM_CLANG=YES in /etc/make.conf
> to build FreeBSD 9.1 i386 and all ports.
>
> When Clang 3.0 was upgraded to Clang 3.1_1 in the base system
> I encountered the problem of libreoffice 3.6.5_2 building but not starting.
>
> Upgrading to libreoffice 4.0.1 resulted in the same problem.
>
> Setting WITH_SYSTEM_CLANG=NO in make.conf and rebuilding with port build
> Clang 3.2 resolved the problem.
>
> This bug is particularly insidious as the user configured settings did not
> change when things broke,
> and must be changed to resolve the regression in base system Clang 3.1_1.
>
> I have come across many posts of people confused by this problem;
> a note somewhere is in order.

I rebuilt with mergelibs=NO and LibreOffice still crashed (doesn't start):

> gdb /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin soffice.bin.core
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
Core was generated by `soffice.bin'.
-----
-----
#0  0x2e602010 in XFree@plt () from
/usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/libvclplug_genlo.so
[New Thread 2c804c00 (LWP 117910/soffice.bin)]
[New Thread 2c804300 (LWP 118316/soffice.bin)]
(gdb)

Thanks.

Mitja
http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa