Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:07:44 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>, cjclark@alum.mit.edu, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wats so special about freeBSD?

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 11:51:56AM -0700, Joseph Scott wrote:

> 	I have a lot more confidence in my firewalls than I do in my users
> inside of them.  Given that I worry because a firewall only addresses
> certain issues.

Now *there* I'm lucky.  If I can document that a user broke into an
internal system (doable, given the number of 486s with serial
connections doing nothing but logging), that user will bounce at least
twice on his way out the door.  :)

Thursday night, I get to fire up Nessus on the internal network.  This
is going to be fun.  You wanna see a manager turn green?  Nessus
generates nice pie graphs that anyone can understand, displaying
exactly what all your security problems are and how they can be
exploited.  I'm expecting each NT box to be bright red.

The obligatory -advocacy comment; the BSD boxes will, of course,
be all green.

==ml

--
Michael Lucas