Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 14:11:43 +1100
From:      davidn@sdev.usn.blaze.net.au (David Nugent)
To:        stesin@gu.net (Andrew Stesin)
Cc:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh), joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: IDE CDROM experiences  (was: ATAPI

Andrew Stesin writes:
> I sholuld also mention that SCSI CDROM drives are now simply
> dissapearing from PC hardware market.  So like this or not --
> you won't always get SCSI CDROM even if you sincerely want it.

This is pretty much the situation in Australia too. To find
a SCSI CDROM unit, you have to look and choose your supplier.
Most computer stores do not carry stock at all and have to
order them in specially.

Considering that these stores deal mainly in putting boxes
together packaged with Win95, I guess it isn't all that
surprising. But that is the bulk of the market.

David Nugent, Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547 Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507 3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn