Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:26:38 -0400
From:      Wayne <wc_fbsd@xxiii.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Recommended Hardware

Is there a list of "recommended" hardware for FreeBSD (i386 in my case)?

I know there is a "Hardware Notes" section in the release notes, that's
not what I'm asking!

If I was going to build or spec' a system, what subset of the supported
hardware is best?  I've heard cons, like manufacturer's apathy or
negativity towards FreeBSD.  I guess Pros would include stable, actively
developed drivers, consistency and long term availability of products
(unlike manufacturers who release 3 totally different boards in a year
with the same model number!), etc...

Thanks for your input,

   -WC