Date:      Wed, 07 Oct 1998 21:59:34 -0700
From:      "Robert A. Bruce" <rab@cdrom.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rab@pike.cdrom.com
Subject:   Publishing the FreeBSD Handbook and FAQ

Howdy,
We are planning to print books containing the FreeBSD Handbook and FAQ.
We hope to send it to the printer in about 60 days.  It takes about
three weeks to prepare the plates, and print the books and about another
month for the books to show up in the bookstores.  So they should be
hitting the shelves around January/February.  That is about the same
time FreeBSD 3.0.2 will be appearing (the first "-stable" release of
the 3.X branch), so we would like to update the Handbook and FAQ so
they document 3.X instead of 2.X.  Does anybody have a guess about
how much work this will take?  Are there any other major changes that
need to be made before these documents are published?

	-bob