Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:17:02 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: New alpha 5.x bug

--ADZbWkCsHQ7r3kzd

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 08:55:54PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> > I forgot to mention, I'm doing this over nfs to a disk on a second alpha
> > system as well.  This should catch any disk or nfs related corruption.
> > I'm also doing buildworlds on both machines.
>=20
> I've been running the writer/reader combo for ~3 days, while at
> the same time running buildworlds over NFS etc. Nothing wrong that I=20
> could reproduce. Using DS10 with it's builtin dc(4) ethernet.

OK, all this might mean is that you're not running the right test..as
far as I remember, the two DS10s in the alpha package cluster also had
the package corruption problem, but we'll see now that David has
decomissioned the Miatas and replaced them with all DS10s.

Kris

--ADZbWkCsHQ7r3kzd

--ADZbWkCsHQ7r3kzd--