Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 2000 15:47:18 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        That Guy <thatguy_11@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -newbies

That Guy wrote:

> In my experience at using FreeBSD, I've come to the conclusion that certain
> questions are so stupid (ie my own) that they need their own listserv.

	No, they really don't. We have made huge progress during the last two
years at making -questions a "kindler, gentler" place to ask even the
most mundane question. And even though there are still the occasional
boneheads, it is actually doing quite well, _especially_ considering the
vast expansion of the freebsd userbase during the same period.

	In short, there should be one place, and one place only that is the
starting point for real questions. The meta-questions like, "I need to
ask about hooping my frobnitz, but I'm not sure which list is the right
one to ask on" are still on topic for -newbies,  even though that
question could really be asked on -questions too.

Doug
--
        "The dead cannot be seduced."
		- Kai, "Lexx"